Bear Mountain State Park
|Address||7 Lakes Dr |
Bear Mountain, NY 10911
|Map | Google | Wikipedia | Weather | MinyanMaps|
Hours Subject to change. Always verify.
- Open year round.
- Trailside Museum Hours: Saturday-Sunday 10:00am – 4:30pm.
- From the Palisades Interstate Parkway (north or south): Get off at exit 19 (Bear Mtn. Park) and take Seven Lakes Drive for 3 ½ miles to the Bear mountain Circle. At the circle, take the second right. Follow the signs to Parking Lots. If you miss exit 19, take the Parkway to the Bear Mountain Bridge Circle. At this circle, make the first right onto 9W south and go to the traffic light. Bear right and go up the hill.
- From the North via I-87 (NY Thruway): Take I-87 south to exit 16 (Harriman). At the traffic light turn left onto Route 32, At third light, turn left onto Route 6 east. Take Route 6 east to the Queensboro Traffic circle. At circle, make the third right onto Palisades Interstate Parkway north. Take exit 19.
- From the North via Route 9W: Take 9W south to the Bear Mountain Bridge Circle. At the circle, go ½ way around to Route 9W south. At the first traffic light bear right and go up the hill.
- From the north via I-84: Take I-84 west to the second exit after the Newburgh-Beacon Bridge (Route 9W south). Take Route 9W south about 18 miles to the Bear Mountain Bridge Circle. At the circle, go ½ way around to Route 9W south. At first traffic light, bear right and go up hill.
- From New York City via Palisades Interstate Parkway: Take the upper level of the George Washington Bridge. Take the very first right onto the Palisades Interstate Parkway north. Go about 42 miles to exit 19.
- From the South via Garden State Parkway: Take the Garden State Parkway north to the last exit (I-87/287, NY Thruway). Go east/south on I-87 to exit 13N (Palisades Interstate Parkway north). Go about 19 miles to Exit 19.
- From the West via Route 17 or I-84: Take Route 17 east to Exit 130A (Bear Mountain) to Route 6/Long Mountain Parkway. Take Route 6 east to the Queensboro Traffic Circle. At the circle, make the third right onto the Palisades Interstate Parkway north. Take exit 19.